2009年10月10日土曜日

Hall and Oates - Rock 'n Soul, Pt. 1: Greatest Hits



Raised on Philly soul, Daryl Hall and John Oates hit their stride in the mid-'70s, when they abandoned the misguided folkish direction of their early albums for a sound that accurately reflected their roots in mainstream pop and smooth R&B--"rock 'n' soul" as they accurately called it. A string of brilliant hits followed, from the gorgeous "Sara Smile" and "She's Gone" to the wicked, finger-pointing "Rich Girl" and "Maneater" to Top 40 manna such as "Kiss on My List," "Private Eyes," and "I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)." At only 12 tracks, this best-of collection is a little skimpy, but it'll do until the inevitable Hall & Oates box set arrives.

1. Say It Isn't So
2. Sara Smile
3. She's Gone
4. Rich Girl
5. Kiss on My List
6. You Make My Dreams
7. Private Eyes
8. Adult Education
9. I Can't Go for That (No Can Do)
10. Maneater
11. One on One
12. Wait for Me [Live]

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿